Re: Can't find nfs-utils on testing

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 05:03 +0100, Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> writes:
>
> >> error message in /var/log/syslog
> >>
> >> Jan  3 02:57:52 debian kernel: NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory
> >> Jan  3 02:57:52 debian kernel: NFSD: starting 90-second grace period
> >> Jan  3 02:57:52 debian nfsd[8094]: nfssvc: Address already in use
> >>
> >> But what might block this address?
> >>
> >> netstat -a |grep 8094
> >>
> >> just gives no output

> >> still
> >
> > nfsd[8094] == nfsd process number 8094
> >
> > That was the process that tried to start up.

> > So as you can see, you read the error incorrectly.
>
> I understand, thanks.
> >
> > The error you see in your dmesg, just shows something is trying to
> > start
>
> ps -e|grep nfs
>
> gave me nothing and I tried to (re)start nfsd with
> /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart.
>

> > You might check in /etc/defaults/ in portmap or nfs-common or
> > nfs-kernel-server for some of the NEED_* variables being incorrect.
>
> I looked into these files but any variable has default values.
>

> > Follow the references mentioned in them.
>
> I rebooted and I got the same message (with another port number) in
> /var/log/syslog.

okay not another port number, but a process ID that fails to start

Here is what I have installed:

ii  libnfsidmap2       0.18-0      An nfs idmapping library
ii  nfs-common         1.0.10-5    NFS support files common to client
ii  nfs-kernel-server  1.0.10-5    Kernel NFS server support
ii  portmap            5-25        The RPC portmapper

Of course I run Sid, not Etch.

One last thing, please reply to the list only, I am subscribed.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux