Re: APT problems ("uncaught exception"): workaround

   Bug #400560 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=400560
) has been filed for this failure.

   It seems to be associated with some sort of earlier
failure (power failure in one case, ``failed update'' in the
other).  I had a failed update earlier, but don't remember
the circumstances.

   The second reporter suggests emptying sources.list and
reloading.  I'm using Synaptic, and did the equivalent:
in Settings > Repositories, uncheck everything, then do an
update.  That went through, and when I rechecked the
repositories, it worked just fine.

--

	Best wishes,

		Max Hyre