Re: multi-gnome-terminal alternative

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 11:09:45PM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> >
> > Have *you* ever used it?
>
> He stated that he had.  Perhaps when your reading comprehension improves a
> little beyond bouncing email around, you will enlighten us on why
> gnome-terminal is really doing a _good_ job as a clone of xterm.

Actually, Jerome made the original post in which he said that he tried
multi-gnome-terminal on amd64 and that it was filled with garbage
characters.  I recommended gnome-terminal.  Marc's retort [0] was only
one line: "Have you ever *used* gnome-terminal?  'Nuff said."

Naturally, since he provided *zero* substantiation for his position (if
you could even call it that), I asked if he had in fact used it.  Now, I
don't consider that bouncing email around.  He did not provide a single
point why gnome-terminal was unsuitable, so I'd like to see at least
one.

BTW, I never claimed that gnome-terminal was a even a passable clone of
xterm.  Jerome wanted a possible substitude for multi-gnome-terminal.  I
figured the killer feature for him was multiple terminals, thus I
recommended gnome-terminal.

> (Your webpage doesn't work very well with Opera ;-)

Care to provide a screenshot?  I test in Opera on Mac OS X and Linux
and it looks no different than in Firefox.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/01/msg00002.html

--