Re: lvm vs traditional partitioning

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 05:09:56PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I heard lvm can be used to have partitions whose sizes can be changed over
> time in non-destructive way as far as the data is concerned.
>
> 1) Does anyone use this or is it still in an experimental state?

I use this on my home server (mail, video, audio, backups). Its great
to be able to shuffle partitions around... seems to work fine. soon
I'll go lvm over raid. I don't know about booting LVM, though. I think
you still need traditional partitions for that. The lvm website has
pretty good documentation, IIRC, and its really pretty easy to use.