Re: sound configuration on etch??? (usb)

Nigel Henry wrote:
> It might be worth asking on the alsa-user list. A while back with someone
> having problems with a sound card problem on a laptop, I suggested a USB one,
> but the reply was that USB ones need a bit of extra work to get them going.
> Either look on the archives or post to the list. I think the reply to get
> them working was something to do with dmix.

> and to post to the list, but you have to register
>   alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Nigel,
thanks for your reply.

According to information from alsa-user and also from the audacity wiki
[1,2], a usb sound card should be working with audacity, if it is
recognized as /dev/dsp. In my case this is the case. The different
approaches from [1,2] all lead to nowhere, so I guess there is something
wrong with my debian etch.

Johannes

[1] http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Linux_Issues
[2] http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=USB_mic_on_Linux