Fwd: X aborting

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Niels Rasmussen <nielsrasmus@gmail.com>
Date: 20/12/2006 11.24
Subject: Re: X aborting
To: johnwfoster@verizon.net

Sorry, should have mentioned it.

I've installed Etch and xorg seems to be the new standard X in Etch.

It's odd though, I have thought a user choosen during the installation
process should have imediate access to the X environment especially if
"Standard" and "Desktop" were chosed as well.

But this suits me fine as I can totally control what is to be put in
my /home directory :-)

I just need some hints to move on from here.

I've checked the Debian reference handbook, but there is no hints
herein what to do in this case.

Anyone ??

/niller

2006/12/20, John W. Foster <johnwfoster@verizon.net>:
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 04:22 pm, Niels Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As John C suggested the "radeon" trick worked :-)
>
> Now I can use X as root, but not as user !
>
> I get this error:
>
> "X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
> giving up.
> xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
> xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error."
>
> What has caused this failure ?
>
> /niller
Maybe I just missed it but did you decide to use etch & if so did you select
X86 or Xorg as your Xwindow server system?
Sounds like either the Xsession or the Xwrapper configs if your using
X86...can't help with Xorg. still using sarge.
--
John W. Foster