Re: [half-solved] Re: Alsa needs reconfiguration after every reboot

Nigel Henry wrote:
Esd should not be being started at bootup, as it's a Gnome thing, but will probably be started when you login to Gnome. I can't login to Gnome on Etch for some reason. It's probably annoyed that I use KDE. Anyway I booted up Sarge, and logged into Gnome, there under "Applications/Desktop Preferences/Sound" there is the option to start the sound server. You've perhaps looked at this already, but if not, and the box is checked, uncheck the darned thing.

Nigel.

Also, on my system, with 'libesd-alsa0' installed (instead of 'libesd'), sound playing is not blocked by esd. I think this can also fix problem. HTH.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque