Re: apt cache files (*.bin) corruption

Andy Hawkins wrote:
But this apt hasn't been updated in a while I suspect. I'm still interested
in why this problem has suddenly started happening.

As I said, I'm still on Debian Stable, so I'm not sure if the apt from
testing will 'drop in'?

Andy

You know, I remember starting to experience segfault problems with apt shortly after I upgraded my kernel. I haven't fully read the apt segfault bug reports but I think it is not exactly due to apt but instead to something else (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=401263;msg=45). Have you upgraded a kernel recently?

At any rate, I sort of overlooked that you're using stable so I don't know if the apt from testing might just "drop in".

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque