Re: [Ilugc] how to mount an encrypted usb pen drive?

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:53:24PM +0530, Shrinivasan T wrote:
> Friends.
>
> My friend encrypted a usb pen drive (ScanDisk) using windows and gave me..
> he told the password to me.
> That drive has got some inbuilt software for encryption.
>
> All normal usb drives are automatically mounted in my debian box.
>
> My usb device is /dev/sda1.
>
> But, this pen drive can not be accecible.
> Can not mount this manually too.
>
> How to mount an encrypted usb pen drive?

Oops! I think I have some bad news here. It is not possible.

The good news however is that I may be wrong as I have no clue what Windoze encryption scheme is being employed here. :)

Perhaps my ignorance may give you hope.

Or googling.

Is it some sort of encrypted file system?

regards,
Girish