Re: recommended Debian package for burning CDs...

David Baron(d_baron@012.net.il) is reported to have said:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:41, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Michael Fothergill(mikef20000@hotmail.com) is reported to have said:
> > > Dear Debian folks,
> > >
> > > What is the recommended Debian package for burning CDs (and DVDs)?
> > >
> > > On Fedora I think I have been using Nautilus.....
> >
> > If you running gnome then nautilus or
> > if your running kde then k3b or
> > if your burning from the console wodim (Debian version of cdrecord)
> >
> > aptitude show nautilus k3b wodim
>
> WARNING!
>
> K3B runs off cdrecord. If you have recently upgraded from Sid, cdrecord is no
> more. Cdrecord points to wodim. No go!

IIRC k3b did work with wodim on testing last month, when Xorg was
working here.

> Note that mkisofs is also no more. It points to the new one.

Although cdrecord is gone I still have mkisofs. (????)

> I recommend keeping the old cdrecord and mkisofs around until k3b, nautilus or
> whatever you are using is updated to work with the new utilities. 'Twas not
> really nice of slip the new stuff in under the door like that.

Yes, I agree.  :-(  Guess there is, yet another, list to get on so we
know stuff like this is on it's way in.

Wayne

--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.