Re: recommended Debian package for burning CDs...

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:41, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Michael Fothergill(mikef20000@hotmail.com) is reported to have said:
> > Dear Debian folks,
> >
> > What is the recommended Debian package for burning CDs (and DVDs)?
> >
> > On Fedora I think I have been using Nautilus.....
>
> If you running gnome then nautilus or
> if your running kde then k3b or
> if your burning from the console wodim (Debian version of cdrecord)
>
> aptitude show nautilus k3b wodim

WARNING!

K3B runs off cdrecord. If you have recently upgraded from Sid, cdrecord is no
more. Cdrecord points to wodim. No go!

Note that mkisofs is also no more. It points to the new one.

I recommend keeping the old cdrecord and mkisofs around until k3b, nautilus or
whatever you are using is updated to work with the new utilities. 'Twas not
really nice of slip the new stuff in under the door like that.