Re: Firefox crashing on gmail

On 12/5/06, Sridhar M.A. <mas@mylug.org> wrote:
Hello all,

since yesterday evening, firefox is crashing when I log on to the gmail
account. This happens across all accounts on my box. I get the following
message on the console after it crashes:

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 67 error_code 8 request_code 147 minor_code 3)

I am running debian testing. I installed iceweasel from sid and tried.
Same result with the same message.

Is anyone facing a similar problem? Any pointers to get over this would
be helpful.

I can confirm this, although I know no solution to this problem.
I have been getting the exact same result since I upgraded to Ubuntu Dapper
about a couple of months ago.
Only the line with 'Details: ...' in my case reads:
(Details: serial 88 error_code 8 request_code 144 minor_code 3)
I have been using epiphany since then without a problem. So, I guess
this is not Gecko's fault but Firefox's. However, on the other machines
in our lab, firefox runs fine even in Dapper (although they were installed
with Dapper, not upgraded to Dapper).

Sorry, I could not be of any help. If someone can find a solution to this,
it will be helpful to me too.

-Santanu