Re: Adding more than one IP Address

On Monday 13 November 2006 02:51, srg krn wrote:
> To assign more than one ip address per physical interface you can do
> things like:
> ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.169.170 255.255.255.0 up
> (the preceding ":1", ":2", etc... denotes "alias" interfaces)
> Better than ussing aliases is to connect the routers to a vlan capable
> switch and define a dotted 1q interface (trunk).
> In this manner, the security is better than ussing alias interfaces.
<trimmed>

Thanks. That sounds like a solution. Also, what about the gateway? I want the
IP address to be associated with a particular gateway. My current IP address
and gateway should remain intact, while these should be added. :)
Also, does the system forget this configuration on reboot?
--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!