Re: barcode scanner software

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 12:27:38PM +0100, Michael Ott wrote:

> For a project I need to buy barcode scanner and I want to run it under
> Linux / Debian.

I use the WCS 3900 Scanner from Wasp Technologies. It basically installs
between your keyboard and your computer or KVM with a Y-cable, so no
driver software is required. All configuration (if needed; it worked for
me out of the box) is done by reading barcodes out of the printed
manual, so no special software is needed to use or modify it.

--
Unabashedly littering the information superhighway with detritus like
this for over 15 years now.