Re: GTK+ performance problems in etch

> I, like those people, also believe that it's the X config.

This is great; but I'd appreciate it if you could be just a little bit more
specific :-)  E. g. what could be the problem in the X config, which options
to check, which commands to try, etc. I have no idea about where to dig, and
that's why I posted this message in the first place.

> By the way, vesa is pretty bad on my powerful P4 3GHz 1024MB system with
> SiS.

Well, needless to say, with vesa the situation is much worse, GNOME becomes so
slow that it cannot be used at all. And of course I do not use vesa, but
rather use nvidia-legacy, as specified in the original message. For the
record, the version is 1.0-7184. Compiled from the .run package which I
downloaded from nvidia.com.

--Vasiliy Faronov