Re: when will nvidai-glx and nvidia-kernel-source hit etch?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 09:30:58 +0000, Alle Meije Wink wrote:
> Apologies if this question has already been answered, but I have not
> been able yet to get ANY version of nvidia-glx back on my system!
>
> I run a mix of testing and experimental (?), see my sources.list below.
> The nvidia driver files should come straight from their Maker..
>
> My kernel is 2.6.18, and my X server is Xorg.
>
> I have read some hints of changing to unstable to get nvidia-glx, but
> have never been able to replicate any one of those excercises...
>
> When I run
> 	apt-get install nvidia-glx
> it keeps giving messages like
> 	nvidia-glx depends on xserver-common
>
> so I guess that is still a problem XFree86/Xorg?
>
> The rest of the nvidia packages install well, by the way. It is just
> nvidia-glx whose access is completely denied by apt/xorg or a
> combination of the two...

You are still trying to install the Sarge version of nvidia-glx which
depends on Xfree86 via xserver-common. Take the version from unstable or
experimental; these two depend on x11-common and are Xorg compatible:

$ apt-cache policy nvidia-glx
nvidia-glx:
  Installed: 1.0.8776-1
  Candidate: 1.0.8776-1