Re: tremendous size for ".xsession-errors"

Am 2006-10-31 23:01:47, schrieb Deephay:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have a problem with my .xsession-errors file, this file will grow
> tremendous size each day (956 MB today, cleared yesterday, with a 4 GB
> size).
> The major source of errors comes from gnash (I am using the amd64 port
> which adobe flash player won't work), gnash is not matured yet and
> will produce lots of error messages with certain kind of flash movies
> which can be easily found on many websites, all of the messages are
> logged in the .xsession-errors (millions of lines!), mplayer and other
> applications produce some messages as well.
> So I want to know that is there a way to turn down the verbose level
> of the error log, or should I just add an entry in the crontab to
> clean it every ten minutes? TIA!

Write a bugreport against "gnash" to get the debuging code removed.

Last yeasr I had a ~/.xsession-errors of OVER 18 GBytes and
this written over NFS on my FileServer which servs /home.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)