emacs manual and other missing info
I just realised that I don't have the emacs manual installed on my
laptop. I've got a desktop and an older laptop, and all three machines
run etch with emacs installed. The other two have lots of info entries
for emacs, including the main emacs manual. The new laptop, which was
installed in late September, has a very limited selection of emacs info
* Dired-X: (emacs-21/dired-x). Dired Extra Features.
* Elisp: (elisp). Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.
* Emacs FAQ: (emacs-21/efaq). Frequently Asked Questions about
* Emacs-lisp-intro: (emacs-lisp-intro). A simple introduction to Emacs Lisp
* Ispell: (ispell). Using ISPELL, an interactive spelling
corrector, inside Emacs.
* ESS: (ess). Emacs Speaks Statistics (S/S+/R, SAS,
I can't find any packages to install to give me back my emacs manual, or
any of the other obscure mode manuals and other bits that appeared
automatically. I've searched through the /usr/share/doc and
/usr/share/info directories, and as far as I can tell the files just
aren't there. Where do I get them??