Re: Why I left Debian

Bruno <pubmb02@skynet.be> writes:
> Hummm...I'm not sure about this : in fact I just installed KUbuntu
> 6.06 on my laptop and found 'DRI enabled' (in Xorg.0.log) which should
> confirm (correct me if I'm wrong) that 3d is available.

On my work machine, running debian unstable, it says the same thing,
with no special effort from me; the glxinfo program (part of the
mesa-utils package) also says "direct rendering: Yes".

[Not that this makes much speed difference; it's an Intel i845G on the
motherboard though, and as far as I know those are just really
crappy).... :-]

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia