Re: iRiver Clix Media Player - How To Use with Debian?

On Saturday 28 October 2006 05:32, Scarletdown wrote:

> That was a little more understandable, but it still apparently wasn't
> useful to this problem.
>
> Specifically, I tried this line from the article...
>
> BUS==”usb”, KERNEL==”sd*”, SYSFS{product}==”USB 2.0 Storage Device”,
> NAME=”%k”, SYMLINK+=”usbhd%n”
>
> After plugging in the appropriate values into a new .rules file
> called /etc/udev/rules.d/10-iriver.rules, my results were still
> absolutely nothing.
>
> Here's what my line looks like
>
> BUS=="usb", KERNEL=="usbdev*", SYSFS{product}=="iRiver, Ltd.", NAME="%
> k", SYMLINK+="iriver%n"
>
> Any other suggestions I might try?

I received my November issue of the US "Linux Magazine" today and it has an
article on udev, as does the October issue UK magazine of the same name.
This article (in the US magazine) is more basic than the article in the UK
magazine.

If there is a Borders near you, some of their stores have both magazines.

See also
http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=3746