Re: Broken 'KDE su' ?

 --- Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> escribió:

> On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 11:50:59 -0500, Michael D. Norwick wrote:
> > Florian Kulzer wrote:

> ie. cannot

> 'su root' typed

> ?
> (logically) hidden.
> > >>

> > > Are you using Etch? If so, make sure that kdebase, kdebase-bin
> and
> > > kdelibs4c2a are up to date, i.e. from KDE 3.5.5 and not 3.5.4.
> > >
> > > If you cannot get Synaptic to work then you can use the command
> > >
> > > dpkg -l kdebase{,-bin} kdelibs4c2a
> > >

> > Same here;  kdesu prompts for the root password then bails when
> trying
> > to start synaptic, kpackage, file-manager_as_root, etc.  This
> started
> > several days ago after an 'apt-get update' and continues through
> an
> > update I did last night which appears to have updated all the
> kdelibs
> > installed on this machine.  I haven't found a solution yet.
> (Also,
> > entering user password has no effect)

And same here, too. And the problem began with an apt-get
dist-upgrade one week ago. I have noticed that the command that KDE
tries have the option "--language en_US" (or something like that, I
don't remember it exactly), so I think that the problem is due to a
keyboard setup mismatch somewhere, as Bruno suggests. Anyway, the
LANG environment variable hasn't change (in any account, neither for
normal users nor for root).

> Maybe your mirror is outdated. I use ftp.nl.debian.org and the new
> versions of kdebase and kdebase-bin are listed in testing now. In
> any
> case you can download the two packages directly from
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/pool/main/k/kdebase/
>
> and install them with "dpkg -i".
>
> --
> Regards,
>           Florian

I'll try out that.

Thanks. Best regards,
Mihxael

=====
El ESPERANTO, la lengua internacional, fue creado en 1887 por el médico polaco L. L. Zamenhof.
Info: http://www.esperanto.net
=====
Debian GNU/Linux: "La potencia definitiva del universo."
http://www.debian.org

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com