Re: CF memory card data recovery?

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 16:04 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:

> Try testdisk, and the tool that comes with it, photorec.
> Short tutorial: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/420

I've used that a few times with great success. My Palm Treo loves to
mangle data on CF cards for some reason, and I'm just too cheap to get
one for the camera and one for the Treo.

It does 'ok' fishing things out of broken ext3 partitions .. but much
better and easier than a late night date with a binary grep at the lost
+found cafe when /var self destructs. :)

Best of luck! Hope nothing sentimental was lost.

Best,
-Tim