installation on AIC-7902 RAID controller

We're trying to install Debian at work onto a SuperMicro box with one of these controllers (Ultra320 SCSI RAID) on it.  When we build the RAID in hardware, it's not recognized by the installation kernel - instead it recognizes the four physical drives that are installed.

Can anyone give me any tips about installing Debian onto one of these boxen?  I'd really rather not have to put another disk in there to serve as a "boot disk" if I can help it.