Fim Scanner Device - Scsi - Minolta Dimage Dual Scan

Using DEBIAN 3.1

I am having trouble figuring out how to add a film scanner. Using deb/linux 3.1, I am installing SANE but it fails to find the scanner device. This is being connected through an Adaptec scsi AHA2940UW which is listed as compatible by Minolta. This device is ok, and I am running the OS off a disk attached to the same SCSI device.

I think the problem is that however SANE views a scanner device, is different than how Debian 3.1 sees it. I am hoping someone can either tell me how to add this device in or point me to a resource that would help me. Thanks.

(Incidentally, Minolta does not support this device in XP, so the only real use for these scanners will be in a linux environment. The scanners themselves tend to be under utilized in their lifetime, so it is reasonable that they will have a very long life. Likewise, people will be realizing that you can get pretty good deals on older film cameras. Thus for us cheap skates, it would be great to attach old film scanners to process our film from old cameras on old PC's being kept alive under Linux.)