Re: Configure to share Window XP printer (before it was set up samba)

On (04/10/06 20:08), rocky wrote:
> I installed cups and ln -s `which smbspool` /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb
>
> After that I use http://localhost:631/admin to add your printer
> add printer
> Windows printer via SAMBA (as device)
> smb://server/SHARPAR-
> Raw

I suspect you need to install a driver locally for the job you're
printing.  Go back and 'modify printer' to select an appropriate driver.
If there isn't one available, do a google search for a .ppd file for
your printer.  Before doing so make sure you have all the packages
installed on the 'samba/windows printing howto'

> The problem is When I hit the "Print The Test" button, the Printer
> State turned to "stopped, accepting jobs." automatically on
> http://localhost:631/printers and I could not start the printer unless
> I cancel the job.

This may be the lack of a driver causing this.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...