RE: Making a Debian Bootable USB Pen Drive

Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta wrote:
> I want to install Debian in a USB pen drive.

Beware that you can't install an operating system on all USB flash
drives.  I have a 128 MB model that seems to have a ROM boot sector (?).
I don't know all the gory details, but the bottom line is that it works
on some USB drives and not on others.  So, you might want to look for a
"known good" make and model via Google, etc., and/or buy a USB drive
from a retailer that will allow you to return it if it doesn't work.  If
and when you find a drive that works, please post the make and model.

BTW you can buy a USB flash drive that already has Damn Small Linux on
it:

    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

HTH,

David