apt-proxy validation failed errors
I have apt-proxy setup and running fine, mostly. I do have an issue I am
unable to solve.
I am behind a dial up connection and large files (such as kernel images)
sometimes do not download in a single session. Before I install
apt-proxy, apt-get install ... would resume partial downloads. With
apt-proxy, this is not the case and I understand why.
To work around this situation, I have tried the following:
* on the box with the failed d/l, resume the d/l myself. (i.e.
* mv the file to /var/cache/apt/archives.
* apt is happy and will install the file properly.
* I then would copy the file to its appropriate place on the apt box,
* set the owner to aptproxy:nogroup.
* sometimes this works, but often not, as when another client tries to
* get file, apt-proxy goes thru its verification process and fails.
My question then is, what is the verification process and why does it
>From the logs, it appears as apt-proxy tries to run dpkg --fsys-tarfile
on the deb, if I run this manually, he works, when apt-proxy runs it,
the verification failes and he tries to d/l the whole deb again.