Re: Search for real debian Live -cd

4)live.debian.net is a nice project but it is not 100%
pure as it use Casper from Ubuntu, but it is a clean
project and the iso's are a good base to develop (I,
for example, I am building my custom distro from here:
http://live.debian.net/debian-cd/current/i386/

Almost nothing in Debian is 100% by that standard.
The casper patch is in unstable and testing, so it's clearly
"pure" enough.

5) dfsbuild will allow you to create a 100% Debian
live cd, some pre made iso's are here:
http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/
Though they are too big for my taste.

Amen to that.  That's the beauty of the live.debian.net project.

Bootcd will also create bootable CDs and is supposed to be able to do
zisofs compression but it didn't work for me when I tried it on etch
yesterday.  It said it needed mkzisofs which was supposed to come with
mkisofs but didnt!?