Re: Debian Love

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 04:04:38AM -0700, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 08:49:23AM -0700, Ottavio
> Caruso wrote:

> > > Especially those who have to cross-compile for
> Debian
> > > and Ubuntu...
> >
> > How *do* you do that?
>
> What do you mean?

cross-compile for another distribution, with presumably
an entirely different list of package-dependencies.
Or do you simply boot the other system and compile again?

> >I have an AMD64 whose Debian crashes
> > although its Ubuntu runs fine.
>
> I have just the opposit scenario. Evreything works in
> Debian, nothing (AMD64 + some virtual machines on
> Windows) works in Ubuntu.

Well, I find Ubuntu somewhat mysterious, and avoid stressing
it too much.  But not *everything* works fine.  In particular,
I am unable to get NFS locking to work.  Until a few days
ago I could live with it.

-- hendrik