Re: kernel mess

On (26/09/06 11:46), Wackojacko wrote:
> I run nvidia graphics drivers on my AMD64 3200+, in both 64 bit and 32
> bit sid, so they definitely work.
>
> Here's what I do.
>
> ~apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-source
> ~m-a prepare (sudo or root)
> ~m-a a-i nvidia (sudo or root)
> ~dpkg -i /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-moduleXXXXX.deb (sudo or root)
> ~apt-get install nvidia-glx (sudo or root)
>
> Restart X.

Thanks for this.  A recent sid upgrade borked X and it would appear the
'nv' module had disappeared.  I resorted to a backup system on a
different partition but avoided updating for a while.  I spotted your
post and thought I'd try to recover the main system and whoopie!

I had to dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg because I'd been playing around
trying to fix the problem orginally but other than that, I have the best
clarity of diplay I've seen .... and it wsn't bad before :)

Thanks again.

Regards

Clive

--