Re: Set up samba

On Wed, 26 Sep 2006, rocky wrote:

Date: 26 Sep 2006 20:33:32 -0700
From: rocky <rocky2winnie@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Set up samba

Chris Lale wrote:
rocky wrote:
[...]

Is there a way I can set up my Debian machine or Windows server to
enalbe me exchage data betwen Windows server and my PC using Debian
system?

[...]
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Installing_Samba_Linux/Windows_networking
may get you started.

Chris.

Thanks very much for your reply.

The first step of the tutorial says "In control panel -> CLient for
Microsoft Networks -> File and Print Sharing..."

Our server is Windowx XP and I went to Control Panel but I could not
find Client for MIcrosoft Networks.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Rocky

yes, and the text also says 'IN WIN98'....

think man, and look for something related to network in winxp. AND if U google a little you'll find out that during install of xp, if netcard is detected, then 'Client for MS network', 'File and print sharing' and 'TCP/IP....' is installed and enabled. By default.

Find your Local area conn, > right click > properties .....then U have it.

and there in the advanced tab U also have settings for firewall, first try to disable, if U then can connect, enable it and configure it.

good luck.

/ernst-magne

Linux-User #310283 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
**********               and the man said              **********