Re: MOBILE PHONES AT VERY LOW PRICE OFFER. (reporting list spam)

Mumia W.. wrote:
Is it a good idea to report spam to the mailing list to the respective ISPs? The spam was not sent to me personally; however, it *is* spam; it made it into my mailbox, and the mail-list debian-user didn't "opt-in." ;-)

Should I attempt to report things like this?

Probably, yes. Especially if the server from which the spam originates (not to be confused with the 'from' or 'reply-to' address) is within your country. Sending spam is illegal in many countries including the EU and the US, so the people responsible for servers in these countries are legally obliged to take action, if they are notified.

'host' and 'whois' are your friends here.

Johannes