USB mouse freezes

Hi,

I'm running Sid on a Dell laptop. I often connect an external USB
mouse to it using a USB hub. I updated many packages yesterday, after
which this problem surfaced.

My problem is that this external mouse is freezing after working for a
short time (2-10 minutes). Unplugging the mouse and re-plugging it or
uninstalling and re-installing the usbmouse modules makes it work
again for a while.

There are no messages in the syslog or /var/log/messages when the
mouse stops working. I also have a USB keyboard connected using the
same hub and it is working fine. The touchpad on this laptop is also
working fine.

I'm not sure what I should be looking for: udev and module-init-tools
are the latest version.

thanks,
sridhar
--