Re: still in search of a good news reader

* Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> [2006 Sep 23 23:57 -0500]:

> The biggest issue I have with pan seem to be:
>
> I can't find out how to view attachments from within pan.

For me, pictures are displayed inline and those larger than the body
frame are shrunk to fit.  Clicking on it will enlarge it like Firefox
does.  Multi-part images are easy to view as Pan will show two green
interlocked puzzle pieces to indicate all articles are present.  A
single red puzzle piece means one or more articles are missing.  To
save a picture, clicking the disk icon pops up the dialog for saving
it.

Other binaries are handled similarly with the save dialog brought up
immediately upon selecting a posting header.  This is with Pan 0.113
which is almost feature complete compared to the older versions.
Still, with Pan under heavy development right now, it might be a good
time to suggest certain features.

As for filtering, I don't bother with it.  But then I don't read more
than a handful of news groups and it's rather easy to skip the
off-topic stuff.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of