Re: Pinging Postmaster

Hallo! Du (Mike Bird) hast geschrieben:

> Murphy has been in and out of Spamcop several times over the past
> several days.  There have been the usual semi-informed rants on
> debian-user but nothing that I can find from you.
>
> Are you aware of the problem?

Yes.

> Is there any informed discussion of the problem?  If so where?

Not that i'm aware of.

> Are you working with Spamcop deputies to resolve the problem?
> If not, why not?

I don't know if someone tries to explain the situation again to
SpamCop. To my opinion: it isn't worth it.

We were listed on SpamCop from time to time, and we always tried to
discuss the problem with them. Most of the time it ends up with
delisting, and the promise that they won't list us again.

Some months later we are on again. Our problem is that some clueless
Mailinglist-Users report Mails they requested (by subscribing) to
SpamCop. Then some clueless[1] SpamCop-Admin lists us again.

As this happens more than 5 times now, i think that SpamCop is
useless, and it is not woth the time to discuss with them, get a
promise and be listed again.

check http://rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=spamcop.net

> Is it correct that abuse@comdepot.com doesn't accept Spamcop
> reports?

I don't know. I hope it is the case, as clueless[1] SpamCop-Reports
once nearly lead to the cancelation of our Bandwidth-Provider
connection.

> If so, what are you doing about this?

nothing. don't use SpamCop. Not for Blocking Mail (Tagging is ok), not
for reporting Mails you requested (those should be bounced (as in
mutt(1)) to report-listspam@lists.debian.org).

        Cord

[1] I try dealing with SpamCop for years now. Every Mail I send was
answered by different personel, and no one knew of previous
conversations, so each time one has to begin from the very start. Then
you reach the point where one of those understands your mail-setup,
delists, and promised to whitelist. Then another user sends in some
mail as Spam-Report, and you're on again. I'm so sick of them.

They also have serious problems to understand a more complex mail
setup. I once ran a Mailserver with ~1600000 Mailboxes. That
Mailsystem consists of 14 Servers, divided in Backends and Frontends.
SpamCop lists the Frontends, because they couldn't understand.

--
http://lists.debian.org