Re: Can't install software due to problems of msttcorefonts!

On 09/22/2006 10:35 AM, JerryKwok wrote:
Whenever I install a software ,there's a problem with ms truetype
fonts.I try to install msttcorefonts and it shows the following,
[...]
--23:22:52-- http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/andale32.exe
          => `./andale32.exe'
Resolving belnet.dl.sourceforge.net... 193.190.198.97
Connecting to belnet.dl.sourceforge.net[193.190.198.97]:80... failed:
Connection timed out.
Giving up.
[...]

Seems like I can't connect to the listed server,if so where can I
get the msttcorefonts package?
anxious to know your suggestion.

I got the MS TT Core Fonts without installing msttcorefonts. I had the same problem as you did, so I went to the sourceforge web site and downloaded (and extracted) them myself. I had to install them in the appropriate place under /usr/local myself too.

However, you might be installing msttcorefonts to satisfy a dependency upon another program. If you do what I did to get the fonts, you'll have to use an equiv (which I didn't do) to allow the other software to install.

Evidently, the place that sourceforge stores those fonts has changed, and the script that downloads them isn't smart enough to adjust.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net