suspend-to-disk (powersave -U) problems

I just tried out powersave for suspending to RAM or disk and was quite
impressed that it all worked without any tweaking whatsoever.  Well,
almost, that is.  When I use suspend-to-disk, then resume, my usb
optical mouse isn't initialized (light/laser/whatever is off) until I
hit a key on the keyboard.  Then it is initialized and works, but not
well.

I suppose that I need to make some changes to the powersave
configuration, but I don't know what.  Reloading the only loaded mouse
module, psmouse, didn't make any difference, nor did un/replugging the
mouse.

Thanks for your help.