Re: spamcop

On Thu September 21 2006 09:26, Raquel wrote:

> > Sorry, but I don't want to say that. I want only to remark that
> > debian  mailing lists are source of spam.
> > Additionally I'm not happy with my current solution (whitelist),
> > but  right now I don't have a plan to add and additional specific
> > filter  configuration.
> > I hope that somebody could solve this problem at the source
> > (debian  server).

Debian lists are not a source of spam, they are a victim of it. It's a problem
that needs to be dealt with at the source, those who mail spam.

> I have to agree with you Daniele.  I don't use spamcop.  However, I
> also have had to whitelist this list so that my spam solution
> doesn't dump posts from Debian.  I also think something should be
> done on the list server.

What spamcop is trying to do is good, but I think they are too aggressive and
some legitimate mails become collateral damage in the war on spam. That is
spamcop's doing/problem.