adding fonts to system

	hi. i have a slew of fonts from my office machines (macs) & would
like to know if it's possible to add these to my debian system (etch). i
checked the howtos, but they seem more interested in display fonts for x -
what i want is to make more fonts accessible from gimp & openoffice, et
cetera. any help, please? i'm something of a gui idiot, as i operate 97%
within CLI. thanks.

lish                                                         "you never
crank@got.net                                        make it easy." -sc