Re: following an ssh chain

Marty Landman wrote:
I've got 3 'nix boxes on my office lan. Sometimes I'll open an ssh session to one of them from my windoz workstation, then ssh from that session to another, then the the third.

Anyone know of a simple way for me to know where I'm at? IOW hostname will always tell me which box my session is currently on, but how can I find that I started on moe, the ssh'd to curly, and finally from curly ssh'd over to shemp?

Gets things are just a little slow right now. :)

Marty

I was reading about something like this recently in an old issue of Linux Gazette. Issue #14 2¢ Tip "More on Xterm Titlebar Tip". You can put your current $HOSTNAME and such in the Title Bar.

http://linuxgazette.net/issue14/lg_tips14.html#xterm

Hope this helps...  :)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.