/dev/hda cannot be found after upgrading my debian

Hi all,

I have upgraded my debian packages using ' apt-get dist-upgrade', but
afterwards the system cannot boot properly since it looks that
/dev/hda6 (my /home partition) is not found.

The error message starts like:

*********************
fsck.ext3: no such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda6

filesystem. If the device is valid and it realy contains an etx2 file
system (and not swap or ufs or something else) then the superblock is
corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock: e2fsck-b 8193

It aslo provided a way to "Give root password for maintenance", but
under /dev there is no hda created.

How can I solve this problem?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.