Re: Reconfiguring Xorg

PD Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:

Ive also been having real trouble getting a clean new xorg.conf setup using
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

even with the dexconf command you suggest and removing /etc/X11/X I seem to put some remnants from my old xfree86 setup (screen resolutions) in xorg.conf.

I just did
$ dpkg -P --force-depends xserver-xorg && apt-get install xserver-xorg
to my machine. It purges xserver-xorg despite the dependencies and
immediately reinstalls it, writing a new xorg.conf file. [1]

If that's what you want...

I think someone should fix bug really soon. It really strained my nerves
before I found above solution.

HTH,
Johannes