Why i can not mount my USB stick automatically?

Hello I use Debian Sid and i used to have this configuration that whenever i
put the USB stick into the computer i see a window opened to let me choose if
i want to mount the stick and see its contents. But after some updates this
behaviour is not working anymore ... the window still pops up woth this
question but when i try to mount the usbstick i get a cryptic error message
and i don't know in which configuration file i have to search to make some
changes ... can someone help me? ... The error message is:

A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to
this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error
name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

Thanx