Re: little project

Le samedi 15 juillet 2006 à 14:51 -0700, Felipe Leon a écrit :
> the harddrive (20 gb) I had from a broken laptop

Your project will make a nice use of Debian, but I can predict that the
harddrive will fail (too) soon (a few years? months?). Install the SMART
tools and check the drive now, then make sure it is checked regularly. I
suppose you don't want to loose your data, so do think of some
backup/redundancy scheme (software RAID with two cheap drives,
perhaps?). I can't help you much with that, but I believe that's a
fairly important aspect you might be overlooking.

Best regards, Thibaut.