Re: apt-get setup?

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 12:25:39 +0200, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> >Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> >>is this option disappeared?
> >
> >man apt-setup
> >
> >is that what you mean?
> >

> sorry I meant right that, but even apt-setup disappeared...

It was part of the "base-config" package which has been removed from
Etch and Sid. You can install "apt-spy" which is kind of an improved
version of apt-setup: It will automatically pick the fastest Debian
mirror (by measuring the bandwidth that you get from various mirror
sites) and write the sources.list for you.

I seem to remember that apt-setup also allowed you to include CDs into
your sources.list. If you want to do this now then you have to call
"apt-cdrom" directly. (apt-cdrom is included in the "apt" package
itself.)

--
Regards,
          Florian