How do I configure Audigy LS Soundcard? ALSA, Etch, 7.1 speaker

Hi,

On my new computer I'm trying to set up my Audigy LS SoundBlaster
soundcard.

I have run alsaconf several times, chosing the snd-ca0106 drivermodule.

Alsaconf has found these cards:
hda-intel   Intel Corporation 8210G
ca0106      Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
legacy      Probe legacy ISA (non-PnP) chips

When I use ca0106 and a 7.1 speaker-system I get no sound-output.

When I use hda-intel and plug a simple 2.0 speaker into the onboard
soundcard it works.

But I bougth the extra soundcard and speakerset to get better sound, can
anyone help getting this to work.

The speaker set works, it is possible to plug in an external
sound-source (i.e. a laptop).

I hope it is just to set the soundcard up in the right way.

/severino