Re: Nvidia (their's) driver on multiple kernels.

> David Baron wrote:
> > OK. Now the question. Which packages are needed for a GEforce 440 card?
>
> Probably the normal (the non-legacy) driver packages.
>
> > ( compile my own kernels so the 2.6 kernel meta-stuff is probably not
> > appropriate since I always have full source. Still leaves a lot of
> > different packages.)
>
> Please read <http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers>. Especially
> the "Build manually, with a custom kernel" section

A very informative article. So I tried it.

Step one worked just fine with the m-a.

Then installed the nvidia-glx.

Did not work. The libglx.so, etc were not installed anywhere I (or the
xorg.conf) could find them. I will check again when the locate db is updated.
Reinstalled the nvidia run meanwhile.

(If I really cannot find them, I guess I file a bug.)