[testing] HELP - lost X

OK

Please help before I install Ubuntu or something....

I should have really read the wiki (now I've managed to lose that page)
to upgrade xorg to 7.0. It started to grab all the needed packages and
then there are total conflicts between packages that depend on
xserver-common (6.9, latest version in testing. The install is
completely broken and I'm missing X.

during the install, it prints up some directories. It removes
xserver-common, and then trying to bring that back (maybe by mistake?)
started to remove bits of kde, so I hit the ^C key as soon as possible.
I'll still have to go back and manually add those things in.

x11-common postinst warning: /usr/include/X11 symbolic link does not exist
Analyzing /usr/include/X11:
/usr/include/X11: nonexistent; directory contents of /usr/include/:
Searching for overlapping packages...
dpkg: error processing x11-common (--configure):
 x11-common

Seems that I must create a symbolik link to X11's include files. The
symbolic link for X11R6 seems to be in place:

Script started on Sat 24 Jun 2006 07:23:13 PM PDT
m206-157:/usr/include# ls -l /usr/bin/X11
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2006-06-24 19:05 /usr/bin/X11 -> ../X11R6/bin
m206-157:/usr/include# exit

Script done on Sat 24 Jun 2006 07:23:24 PM PDT

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.