Re: mutt configuration not displaying my name in mailing list threads

On 23:41 Sun 18 Jun     , Steve Kemp wrote:

.  This is because Mutt recognises that *you* sent the mail, so
>  it shows you that you sent it "To: debian-user....".
>
>   For the rest of us it shows up fine.
>
> > what do i change in my muttrc to get this right?
>
>   You don't need to change anything, since we're seeing it as intended.
>
>   (Although I admit I'm not sure if it is possible to fix this, and if
>  so how you'd do it ...)

Thank you very much Steve for your prompt and thoughtful reply.

This behavior is Interesting and Disconcerting.

It is clearly a bug and not a feature in a single
mail directory devoted to debian-user mailing list.
I expect to see --- and  would like to see My Name
on My Mail, not "To debian-user".

I like the promise of mutt. Only read mail and do it Right. Unfortunately this is clearly Wrong.

I hope someone on the list knows the Right setting to set.

Mitchell