Re: How to use sudo not root

* Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> [2006-06-17 01:24]:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 21:50:39 +0200, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
> [..]
> >> %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
> >>
> >> should do ... as they have in ubuntu
> >
> >What about group `wheel' ?
>
> Historically in UNIX the group wheel has GID 0, in Debian that's the
> root group.

Do you know where the name `wheel' comes from?

> >vipw.  Interesting.
>
> You also have vipgr, visudo (already mentioned in the thread I believe),
> and vidir :-)

I was already familiar with visudo, but I was unaware it was not the
only vi*.  Also, I believe you meant vigr (not vipgr).  And vidir
looks rather interesting.

# aptitude install moreutils ...

- Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@obfusk.net>                  http://obfusk.net
~ "Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."